Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Blue Mountains Ghost Tour - My Review

On Saturday night a group of us went on the blue mountains ghost tour. We all met up in Katoomba and hopped on the mini bus. First stop after about 20 minutes or so of driving into the bush was at a cemetery from the 1820's. Im not sure if it was the fact that we were in the middle of nowhere that was unnerving me or all the talk of a negative spirit there but i did NOT like that place. As i walked down the long path to the cemetery my chest felt tight and just very uncomfortable. This happened the whole time we walked around but once we walked back out through the gate I felt fine. Very strange. Whilst in there we were told some of the stories about who were buried there. I was disturbed to hear that aboriginals were not allowed to be buried in there as it was consegrated ground!

Photo courtesy of Moira

There's apparently a negative spirit (who's name escapes me) who likes to strangle people and push people. Another story is there is an "angel light or orb" that is seen floating through the graveyard.
We were asked to be totally silent and turn all our torches off to see if we would see/hear anything. As we stood there a lot of the group pointed out a faint light that was at the opposite end of the graveyard. Three of us couldn't see it and the rest could. Was a shame I couldn't see it but at that moment in time I didn't really want to see anything! People could see I didn't want to be there as normally im all chatty and interested in whats going on but i was pretty subdued and quiet so the pastor and his wife that was with us prayed some protective prayers for me and i felt a little better. We moved on to another grave and one of the group felt their shirt tugged a couple of times. We also had K2 hits in various places in the graveyard. By that point we'd turned all our mobiles off so not sure what caused them.

Apart from a possum making its presence felt (and making us all jump) nothing more happened at that grave yard.

We all hopped back on the bus and went on our merry way.

Next stop (after picking up snacks from the servo) was at a courthouse and jail.

There were reports that a little girl had died in there and one of the previous residents (it was turned into a house at one point) was haunting there. Had zero K2 hits in the courthouse and during the time we were all silent there was no sounds or weird sightings. It was very cool to see the courthouse though.

Next we went next door to the jail. This place was a little more eerie with reports of doors slamming and things being moved. We had a couple of random K2 hits which we couldn't account for except there was a cupboard nearby with a lot of electrics in which could have set it off but the k2 hits weren't consistent. Strange indeed. The jail itself was interesting to see as it had lots of carvings in the wood of the people who were put in there. Worth a see.

Photo courtesy of Moira

Next stop was the hanging tree. This is where supposedly a lot of convicts were hung. They'd build the road and then be hung on this tree. Nothing happened around here accept us disturbing the campers (its in the middle of a campsite).

The last stop on the tour was at The Wells. Now for the life of me i can't remember what this place was except there were unmarked graves and some large wells. Anyway, there were a couple of odd K2 hits. We had the few minutes silence/torches off and nothing really happened except being attacked by a bat. The frogs who were extremely loud became silent a couple of times which was definately eerie but not sure if that was anything paranormal. Apparently other tours have experienced the most paranormal activity there including lights and apparitions. It must have been a quiet night for us though. By that point we were all sleepy and ready to go home. We hopped back on the bus and got dropped back to Katoomba where we went our seperate ways. Overall a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment