Monday, October 25, 2010

The Paranormal and YOU

Definition of the word paranormal from wikipedia: Paranormal  is a general term (coined ca. 1915–1920) that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience orscientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena that are understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure.

As most of you probably know (or have worked out) I am a paranormal geek ;) I have a huge interest in all things strange, spooky and paranormal. What I want to know is what YOU think. Do you believe in the existence of ghosts? If yes, why? If no, why not? What about other paranormal stuff like cryptozoology? (bigfoot, yowie, loch ness monster etc etc).

Are you "religious"? Does your spirituality allow for the belief in the paranormal?

I class myself as Christian. A follower of Christ and His teachings. Many people think this would mean I think all paranormal things are demonic or would not believe in any of it at all. Neither of the above statements are true for me. Yes i believe in angels and demons but I don't believe all things paranormal related lead back to angels/demons. Some yes, but definitely not all. The bible is one BIG paranormal occurrence. So, why are so many Christians reluctant to look into or believe in anything outside of their comfort zones. There are SO many things out there that we don't understand, yet we try and put it all in a box. We try and put God in a box and limit what He can and can't do. Which I personally can't do. Who knows the wonders of this world and the next? 

Anyway, that is MY point of view. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment